25 mai 2016

We aten't dead. Yet.

The past year has been... let's settle for "interesting". Not necessarily leading to much activity, other than baking.
However, it was 2015. As everyone knows, a certain car was supposed to arrive on October 21st.
That called for some appropriate attire to go to the special showing of the Back to the Future trilogy at a local cinema.
Rather last minute, and low-budget. The dye for that old lab coat was the most expensive part.
The symbols on the shirt are different from the original, because:
a) I have too much time on my hands,
b) I am a hopeless geek
c) It was the 40th anniversary of the Rocky Horror Picture Show

So off to Google Translate I went, with the lyrics for the Time Warp. This probably reads like some of those famous user manuals, as I went for the symbols which would fit best. Shame on me, certainly, and I apologise to anyone who can read Chinese.

Earlier in the year I went to a small gathering of geeks which involved costuming too, so being the owner of a Roger Delgado Master costume, I decided to go as a Spoiler, adding a detail to said costume:



Not time travel (recurring theme, it seems), but close : Procrastination.
My old nemesis.
For "some time", embroidered bits and bobs had been waiting for a frame. And now it is done:



Others are still waiting to be made or framed:
Others have been planned.

And then there is a project for a costume, which seems to take a very, very long time, because so far it is too simple. 





And this concludes our bout of activity. Hopefully it will not take another year-and-a-bit for more.





Aucun commentaire: